Molds are quite a common issue at places where water damage has become a part and parcel. Though molds can overgrow in your house under any moist and warm conditions, they become quite prominent while water damage restoration and the simple reason behind this is the fact that prolonged wet and warm conditions let these mold grow with ease. The house can obviously not be inhabited and the leftover water becomes a breeding ground for most of the molds. They can even leave minute spores in the air in order to spread to different places of the house. Sometimes, these molds can be toxic and their spores can cause dizziness and many severe health conditions as well.
Toxic molds are quite common when water damage happens to your home. These molds produce mycotoxins, the hazardous byproducts that can result in asthma and a number of other respiratory issues. Lung issues with infants and the seniors as well as memory loss in otherwise healthy individuals is quite a common phenomenon here. It is impossible to see these particular unless you find huge mold colonies. They can grow almost anywhere, from wood to cellulose and from paper to drywall but not on cement and tiles. If your house has sustained some water damage and the temperature is high and weather humid, you can bet that mold must have grown in your house. You should be opting for professional cleanup of these molds in order to protect your family.
If you want to do mold removal at home, then you will first have to make sure that your house is completely dry and has been ventilated well for a few days before you begin the mold removal process. You can easily clean small mold growths with water and detergent. When the space has dried, get one gallon of water and mix ½ a cup of bleach in it. Use this solution to clean the remaining spores. Don’t even think about using ammonia in this mixture as it will produce toxic gas fumes. Some mold cleaning products can also be used along with this solution for a better result.
In case you find an overwhelming overgrowth of mold in your house, you should be seeking professional help as the things might worsen with time. As your house has suffered water damage, the mold overgrowth will generally be on its extremes. So don’t take a chance and call professional mold removal companies.